Friday, September 09, 2005

Snakes of India

I must have been 6 years old when I first visited the Snake Park in Guindy, Madras. During those days, Park meant only the ones where people can go and relax. Used to wonder what is a Snake Park. I should admit that at the time when I visited the Snake Park, I wasn't much pleased about it. Years later, when I first went to the Aniketh, a canteen in Pune University campus, did i think of snakes in a different perspective. In that canteen, there is a sticker which says "Don't Kill Snakes". I was really taken aback. It is another matter that I never worried about it later.

There is a review of a book on Snakes, Snakes of India: The Field Guide by S. THEODORE BASKARAN in Frontline. I didn't know that it was Whitaker who founded the Snake Park.

No comments: