Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rahul Dravid

There is an excellent interview with Rahul Dravid at Cricinfo about slip catching. Rahul Dravid is one of the greatest cricketer ever to have played for India. I have always felt that he was always under appreciated and it made me sad that he has not been considered for the 2011 WC squad. He has done everything that has been asked of him in ODI. The last question of the interview aptly brings out the true personality of Rahul.

Do you remember all 200 catches?
I can't remember every one off hand, but if you show me the scorecard I will remember.

I have no doubt that he will sure be able to point out the exact context of the catch.

Even though there is lot of criticism about money having invaded cricket in the last two decades, but it has also given some of the most committed students of the game in Indian cricket. To name a few, Sachin, Rahul, Saurav, MS Dhoni.

No comments: