Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lost Opportunity

I admit that I am nobody to ask Sachin Tendulkar to quit, but he lost an opportunity to quit today, April 24th, on his birthday. I seriously thought he would, but he didn't. In my opinion even Anil Kumble's retirement was long overdue. More than all these things, what really bothers me is the missed player(s) who has been giving out his place for Ajit Agarkar in all three past world cups and countless other matches.

I am doing an extensive analysis of the Indian cricket team's record. I am doing it as a fan. Cricket is the only sport of which I was a rabid fan of, even though I never played cricket. All I wanted to be was a cricket commentator, hoping that it would give a pass to watch the match and get paid too. Now with the absence of any Indian umpire in the elite panel, i am seriously considering umpiring. As Venkatraghavan put it, what better place to watch cricket than from bowler's end or square leg.

No comments: