Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Moving Story

National Public Radio (NPR) has become such an integral part of my life, not a day goes by without me and Amrapali discussing about something that either of us have heard on NPR. Many times I just stay in the parking lot for the story to finish before I can get to home or office.

NPR brings to my attention stories that I would never find anywhere.

Try to listen to this moving story A year to life, a year to die and it is overwhelming to say the least. Grief is something that is very difficult to share. Grief stays forever no matter how old we get or how far away we are from the time of grief.

There is one line in this story that is really very touching

Eleven years and two children later, their life was all she had imagined. But it all changed in that last year. Stewart made this entry in his audio diary in February, 2003, shortly after receiving the diagnosis: "I don't feel any bitterness about why me getting a tumor," he said. "As I've gotten older you know and more people that bad things happen to. Gosh, it can't always be the other guy."

Thank you Rebecca and Stewart.

No comments: